Sunday, October 12, 2014

Character Study 1

       As I'm reading my acceptance letters from Cal Poly and Santa Clara University, I can't help but feel lost in my inability to decide for my future.  Cal Poly is within my comfort zone.  My sister has attended that school for two years now, along with many of my other friends.  It's so close to home and I know that town and school like the back of my hand.  My whole family is hoping I choose to go there so I can stay as close to them as possible and be safe living in the same town as my sister.  After a couple years of attending Cal Poly, I would share an apartment with my sister, something we have always wanted to do.  But, what if I want to go out of my comfort zone? What if I want to try something different and start my own path?  It'll allow me to branch out and start a life of my own on such a beautiful campus that offers the major I aspire to study. The only thing holding me back is the idea that I will be so far away from my family and the small town that has always been all I've ever known.  Once I make my ultimate decision of which college to attend, I will begin my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment