Wednesday, January 14, 2015

MASTERPIECE: IDEAS

In college, I hope to study and major in kinesiology/physiology in order to eventually become a physical therapist. One day, I hope to have my own practice and help peoples' bodies improve and recover. I chose this major because I love studying about the body and the way it works. I have also needed physical therapy many times in my life while playing sports and after having two surgeries. While staying in the hospital for a month long following my surgeries, I got to see how the medical field all works and grew a great appreciation for it. I firsthand understood what it felt like to be so weak and helpless while staying in a hospital. It gets very lonely, especially for some of the kids I saw in there who were even younger than I was with not such a supportive family. For my masterpiece, I have thought of doing something to make a difference for these kids and make them feel a little more at home in what I know can be a very lonely place. I thought of creating care packages for them or just going to hang out with them for a part of their day. I know this would have helped me. This is just an idea I came up with but don't have such a clear picture on how I'm going to pursue it. But, I hope to start it by going to the hospital sometime soon and talking to the nurses and receptionists to see what I can do and begin brainstorming some more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment