Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Reflections on Week 1

1.  The one thing that has already affected my participation in this class is the unreliable technology I have at home. My computer works fine but isn't the fastest, making it somewhat annoying to try to get my homework done this way.  But, I will not let this affect my performance in my schoolwork as I always find a way to get a reliable computer.  Another factor that may affect my participation in this class is when college application time and soccer season comes up.  Those are both things that will keep me busy and may take me away from studies.  But, overall, I plan to stay focused and not let much take me away from succeeding in this course.
2.  My best learning experience came from the summer when I was 13. During that summer, I had two surgeries and was hospitalized for one month and in recovery for many months later. I had these surgeries for a ruptured appendix and complications that followed the first surgery.  The doctors told me many times that I was lucky to be alive.  If I had waited any longer to go to the ER, I may not have been so lucky. This really got me to thinking. It made me realize that the many things I thought were important in life, like material things and what others thought of me, were no longer so important. What was important was my family, education, faith, and my overall health.  Since then, I have been determined to be the best person I can be and make the best life for myself.
3.  I am very excited to start this school year with "open source learning".  I think it is a great way to prepare us for our futures and how college will be like.  It interests me to be able to interact with my classmates on a daily basis and be able to hear their opinions on so many different topics.  Meanwhile, I hope to stay open-minded and understanding of other peoples' viewpoints and contribute to class discussions.    

No comments:

Post a Comment