Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Right to Your Opinion

     The question is, do Americans have the right to their own opinion?  I believe this is somewhat true and somewhat not.  Yes, we all can think whatever it is we want.  We are all very different individuals and will all have different viewpoints on certain subjects.  Although, this does not mean we can just state our opinions without fact or reason. I respect those who state their opinion if they good backup and reason for it.  But, if they just state their opinion in a biased fashion or say it without reason, I cannot respect that.  As said by one of my classmates: "Saying one has the right to their own opinion is like saying one has the right to be stupid."  Don't be the person with the stupid or racist opinion who just says "I have the right to my own opinion" when someone confronts them.  When in reality, no, you do not have the right to degrade others to make yourself feel superior.  When it comes to having the right to your own opinion or not, I believe it depends on the situation and circumstance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment